Monday, October 31, 2011

Quilt Retreat Part 2

Meet my new friends:
   
Kathy spent most of her time making a jean quilt.
  
  
It was huge!
  
  
Gail also spent time working on a jean quilt and a postage stamp quilt. Hard to believe that I did not get pictures of her projects. I apologize for that.
  

Becky made a beautiful table runner. 
  

I'm so glad that she ignored the pattern when it said to make the runner shorter.
  
  
Leona was working on a holiday project.
  

I think she called the red part of the second star shadowing. I loved the effect!


It was pretty detailed work.


Betsy worked on a number of projects.


Aren't these mats pretty?


And the wool pumpkins were adorable.



Saundra was working on a large square quilt.


It is gorgeous with very precise piecing.


Now check on my 'old friends":

Barb and Sandy each worked on a few different projects.


I only got a picture of Barb's pumpkins in the early stages. They looked so cute with the hand-stitching and the quilting when she finished them.


I'm not sure how many projects Sandy finished or almost finished. She was really busy and seemed to do many things. This is a small tree hanging. Really nice!


Krista had machine problems but she still managed to get some things done.


We all loved her small quilt. 


Of course, I was there. 


I pieced a very simple quilt to practice my free-motion quilting on one of these days.


The rest of the time I spent paper-piecing. Each of these pieces is 3" square.


Oh, it was a fun time. We laughed, we sewed, we ate, we shared stories, and we all look forward to doing it again next spring! I am blessed to have been a part of this wonderful group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...