Friday, March 11, 2016

Bright Baby Boy Quilt

The baby boy quilt is finished! I now have a baby boy quilt and a baby girl quilt ready for when the May baby arrives. The extra quilt will be donated.

The boy quilt is bright! I wanted to do pinwheels in the center and I wanted a border fabric to pull the colors from. I bought the border fabric - and then found I couldn't use it because it was too busy with pinwheels. Sorry about the wrinkles in the fabric.

So... I cut strips from the fabric and used the cars and the stars. It was going to be a very simple quilt to make and turned out to be a bit more work but I think it turned out better for the extra work.

The quilt is about 46" square and the batting is Dream Cotton. I used straight stitching and a walking foot to quilt this.

The backing is Minkee that I ordered from Missouri Star Quilt Company. I am very happy with the Minkee. In fact, I'm very happy with everything that I've ordered and/or bought at Missouri Star Quilt Company.

I'm so glad that our neighbors have this short but tall fence which is perfect to hang my quilts on for photos. I especially enjoy using it on beautiful days.

5 comments:

  1. How adorable! I love this ... and kudos on salvaging borders from fabric that wasn't going to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so dang cute! I love to see ideas for boy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely quilt for a little one. Love how you did the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that perfectly placed car print!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...