Monday, November 17, 2014

A small shawl or is it a scarf?

Another knitting finish! 

We spent this past weekend (Friday and Saturday) at the State Volleyball Tournament in Bloomington, IL. In between games, I knitted! I had this shawl finished by Saturday noon so it's a good thing I carried my iPad because the games didn't end until well after 9 PM on Saturday night!

The pattern is Girl's Best Friend by Bronwyn Hahn. If I had knit this in a plain color, you would be able to see the wonderful diamond pattern. I did not use beads on the corners of the diamonds - you wouldn't be able to see them.

When I blocked this, I stretched it a lot just as the author of the pattern said to do!

The yarn I used was Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball

I can't wait to wear it - I'm thinking it will look great with a black shirt.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Can't wait to see it on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's beautiful!! We've got a swim meet this weekend, so I'll probably take some hexies to work on ... always nice to have something to keep ourselves occupied at these sporting events, isn't it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...