Saturday, January 26, 2013

Not much quilting going on...

I'm not doing much quilting or sewing but I am spending LOTS of time in my sewing rooms. The rooms will be changed a bit and I have decided to clean EVERYTHING! That means going through every piece of fabric, every notion, every gadget,... Why? Because it needs to be done!

Yes, I have sewing rooms - I took over the 2nd floor of our 1-1/2 story house when the boys moved out. The front dormer became my sewing room the day we moved into the house in 1979. Everything is a mess right now but I'll show you anyway. I have done lots of work since taking the photos. And some rooms look even worse!

At the top of the stairs, when one enters the room, this is the view:

When I sit in my chair and look left:


And when I look right:

I am almost done in this room now and it is quite empty. We still need to move out the old buffet - can you see it in the second picture above? Sadly, it will have to be destroyed since it is too big to get out of the room or to go down the steps. It's a long story as to how it got here but it has been in the dormer since 10 years before we bought the house!

At the top of the stairs, if you turn left, you enter our guest room. But right now it is the overflow room while I am cleaning. We aren't planning on any overnight guests for a while - whew! Yes, that is my beautiful quilt cabinet in the back left corner. And I guess the sun was really shining when I took this photo.

At the top of the stairs, if you turn right, you enter a huge mess:
The bins in the back right corner have been cleaned - yes I pressed and refolded all of the fabric which is sorted by color.

Looking back towards the stairwell wall:
My cutting table is being replaced. Since I snapped this photo, it has been loaded with stuff.

A peek around the table. Oh what a mess!

Did you happen to notice the white doors in some of the pictures? They are doors to our large dormer closets - four of them. I only use one for sewing and craft items. I will clean that too.

I can't wait to be done! I am very anxious to get my new tables, to be organized, and to sit down and quilt! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is quite the space(s)!!!! Will feel so-o-o-o-o good when it's done!!! Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very fortunate to have space EXCEPT when it is time to clean every nook and crannie! At least more got done today! ~Jeanne

      Delete
  2. Sewing roomS? You're so lucky. I've only got part of a small spare bedroom ... that's what happens when you downsize. ;-) And with a little creativity, I've made it work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really cuts into the sewing time, but it feels good to get everything organized! I have been doing the same...a little at a time though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...