Friday, January 18, 2013

Knitting socks, part 2

I am following the Crimple knit along (KAL) at Knit Purl Hunter for socks.  In week 1, we  knit the toe. In week 2, we knit the foot. Now week 2 would have been fast IF you had a small foot! I knit and knit and knit and finally had the foot long enough! Then I had to do it again for the second sock! Why are my feet so big???! I actually finished clue 2 yesterday two hours after clue 3 came out.
That is a neat little lace pattern - wonder if the lace will go any further. Time will tell. 

It is currently week 3 - the heel. 
 And the bottom of the socks.
I'm learning all kinds of new things. Michelle of Knit Purl Hunter has excellent instructions and videos for each concept - so nice!

OK, I am caught up - no clue until next Thursday. Time to clean do laundry cook quilt!

4 comments:

  1. HI! Marlene from Stitchin by the Lake sent me. wha She said you'd leave the door unlocked, the coffee on and a plate of cookies...I didn't see any cookies!

    All kidding aside, I'm a sock knitter too, but never did toe up. Love what you're doing. I'll be coming back to see the cuff, for sure.

    Have fun with all the company you're sure to get. Nice to meet you.

    God bless you,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi neighbor, I am visiting from Marlene's blog.

    Nice to see your socks progressing. I am a new knitter, and want to try sock knitting one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting via Stitchin by the Lake. It seems a lot of knitters are doing socks. I find the idea totally brave. I knit just a little and have trouble at times...lol...can't imagine having to do two things that must match. Looks like you are doing a fabulous job though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...