I have finished a few more donation quilts:
Kaffe Rail 1 is made from a free 3 Yard Quilt Rail Fence pattern by SewCanShe.com. The blocks are cut 9.5" by 12.5". It's a different take on a rail fence and goes together fast. I had a left over Kaffe Fassett print and found a lighter and darker fabric to go with it.
The lighter color is a soft green which shows much better in this photo:
I used a meandering stitch to quilt this.
Size: 56" X 61"
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Lt Turquoise #32973
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Lt Turquoise #32973
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Kaffe Rail 2 is made using the same pattern with a change due to a shortage of fabric. This left over Kaffe Fassett print was less fabric, so I cut each of the patterned pieces one-inch narrower, meaning the cut blocks were each 8.5" by 11.5".
If you look close, you can see that each patterned piece is narrower than the other stripes in the block. I don't think it makes a difference in the overall appearance; it's just a design element.
I quilted this with a meander motif also.
Size: 49" X 56"
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Lt Turquoise #32973
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Lt Turquoise #32973
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Sailboats and Water is one of my favorite donation quilts. The free pattern is Dream House 3 Yard Quilt Pattern by SewCanShe.com. I followed the pattern except for using one wide outer border instead of two narrow ones.
I bought the sailboat, water, and fish fabric a while back at Quilt Elements in Ashland, WI. I just added white Bella Solid.
This photo shows the best color.
The fish fabric on the back is the same soft blue.
Size: 46" X 56"
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Steel Blue #38201
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Steel Blue #38201
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Open Window is based on Bonnie Hunter's Open Window pattern. Her square size is 5.5" finished; mine is 8". I wanted the whole block as my entire quilt. I decided the window needed something, so I added kites.
The colored fabric is left over from a log cabin quilt that I made years ago. All the colored fabric, except the kites, is from the same piece of fabric.
The backing is a favorite of mine - it's been in my stash for a long time. This photo shows the back color the best.
The recipient might like the back better than the front of this quilt!
Size: 48" X 48"
Thread: Glide 50-wt, top - Lt Grey #17543, back - Cardinal #70001
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Thread: Glide 50-wt, top - Lt Grey #17543, back - Cardinal #70001
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Birds is made with fabric from my late friend Colleen. I added the yellow and the orange (because I ran out of yellow).
Size: 48" X 48"
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Steel Blue #38201
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Steel Blue #38201
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Meandering
Black/White with Red is made with some foundation strips that were cut into squares. Many years ago, I was going to make a very large black and white quilt with foundation strips of strings. That plan never happened and I'm slowly using up the black and white strips.
The backing is a black and white print which I purchased recently.
Size: 51" X 51"
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Bone #17443, Black #11001
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Figure eight in blocks, Meander in black border
Thread: Glide 50-wt, Bone #17443, Black #11001
Batting: Dream Cotton
Quilting: Figure eight in blocks, Meander in black border























No comments:
Post a Comment