Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Scrappy Mosaic Wallhanging

I wanted another wallhanging and happened to be reading Connie's blog Freemotion by the River. She shared a pattern for a Scrappy Mosaic Quilt. I decided it was the perfect pattern for my wallhanging. The pattern uses 6 rows of 5 blocks; I used 3 rows of 3 blocks.

My wallhanging finished at 27" by 27". I quilted this on my Juki domestic sewing machine with a large spiral that began in the center and got looser as it approached the outer border. The inside spirals were about 1/4" apart and the outside ones are close to 1 1/2" apart.  I used Glide Linen #10WG1 thread on the top and Aurifil #2735 royal blue thread on the bottom.

The front is all scraps - the white is Bella Solid bleached cotton and the colors are all batiks. The backing is a scrap piece of blue batik.

It fits the frame perfectly and adds a little color to that corner of our home.

Update on Ray: He is in treatment and we know he is in the Control Group of the Clinical Trial. Usually you don't know and never find out which group you are in but in this case, the Test Group is given an extra hormone and the Control Group does not get a placebo so they just tell the patients which group they are in. Ray is getting the same treatment he would get if he wasn't in the Trial but he is being monitored more often and longer than he would be if he weren't in the trial. We think that is beneficial. Thanks again for your prayers and messages; we both appreciate them.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...