Saturday, September 30, 2023

Colleen's Tiger and Colleen's Giraffe are finished

I have a couple of small finishes to end the month. Each of these began with a panel that had belonged to my friend Colleen. I mostly used fabrics that Colleen had stored with each panel then used a little from my stash, and added backing.

Colleen's Tiger is a cute tiger panel with 3 added borders. It finished at 37" by 38". 

I used Glide 40-wt, #10877, Sterling thread to quilt this with a meander stitch. The blue/green border is made with HSTs.

The back is muted colors, a piece of fabric I purchased this past summer for my stash.

Colleen's Giraffe is a darling giraffe panel and finished at 41" by 42". I sewed 4 borders to the panel. The blue/green border is using the same fabric as the tiger quilt but I just used yardage instead of HSTs due to a limited amount.

I again used Glide 40-wt, #10877, Sterling thread to quilt this but quilted double loops.

This is backed with the same muted color fabric as the other.

Both of these quilts, Colleen's Tiger, and Colleen's Giraffe, will be donated in her memory.

When I think of the past, 
I smile because you are in it, 
my friend.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...