Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Another finish!

Things are going pretty well here and I'm spending a little more time in the studio most days. That means I'm making progress on some UFOs. 

Supernova is finished. I saw a quilt made with the this pattern a number of years ago and decided that I'd like to make one. I don't have the pattern but decided I'd just make my version. I used 'solid' reds and a white with a swirl tone on tone pattern from my stash. I used HSTs for the whole quilt.

This donation quilt is 60" square. For the quilting, I used Aurifil 50-wt Dove Gray thread #2600 on the top and Aurifil 50-wt Deep Red thread #1103 on the back. I decide to free-motion quilt this with a loop-de-loop motif which has given it a nice texture. 


The backing was a wide back piece in my stash. It contains all the reds from the front and more.

Quilting is so much faster with the long arm and I really enjoy using it. 

Life is getting better around here. Ray still has a ways to go but is progressing. I am gaining more and more stamina. Every day is a blessing.

We are watching the 2022 18U Women's World Championship Ice Hockey games on TV tonight. We watched the USA beat Sweden night and will be able to attend a couple games later in the week. We know a young woman on the USA team - she is the daughter of one of our son's best friends in K-12 school. So we know her parents, her grandparents, her aunts and uncles and cousins ... It is very exciting - GO USA!







Everyday is a blessing!

3 comments:

  1. I love your supernova! That pattern is on my list of 'to be made' quilts. Glad you and Ray are coming along so well. It just takes longer when we're older, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out beautifully, Jeanne! I made a tiny one a few years ago. The hardest part is getting all the HSTs pointed in the right direction! Sarah's tutorial can be found at the following link: https://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2017/02/stunning-stars-4-supernova.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt! So glad the longarm is working out for you. How neat to be able to cheer her on and attend some games.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...