Thursday, April 21, 2022

A real outing...

Today was a beautiful day and we decided to have a real outing.

We went to Lake Le-Aqua-Na State Park. After driving through the park - we stopped for a LITTLE walk and a picnic. Here is Ray with his camera.

We were standing on a small bridge over this stream.

The sky was beautiful and the temps were in the 60s. 

For our picnic, I heated some potato soup before we left home and put it into a thermos. I also grabbed cornbread muffins and some veggie sticks. 

It was so nice to have a somewhat 'normal' day. 


The secret project is finished and I will share when it is gifted. I've been working on the quilt below. The top will probably be together by the end of the weekend. 



Ray is doing quite well with his new knee. Of course, his recovery is not going as fast as he'd like but he is progressing. He's been released from care by the gallbladder doctor so that is behind us. Ray is able to do more and I'm thrilled that he is doing some chores, especially ones that are hard for me. He still has Physical Therapy twice a week and I'm still his chauffeur.

The last appointment (I hope) related to my back is next week. I'm doing well although my progress got slowed a bit while Ray was out of commission. My stamina is slowly coming back but it is coming. My step count is growing every week and I'm stronger. 

It is so nice to be on the recovery side of the surgeries.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and Ray had a wonderful day out. I'm glad you are both recuperating and coming along. Recovery just takes longer when we're older. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect day to get outside in nature for a picnic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...