Thursday, May 13, 2021

Jamestown Landing

Jamestown Landing is finished. I made this using Bonnie Hunter's pattern. The entire quilt is made with fabric scraps and I still have more.


This 63" by 75" quilt with stay with us. It looks nice on our new couch

or behind it.


I used Free Fuse on this quilt to sandwich the layers with no problems. I'm pretty convinced that you can use Free Fuse on any size quilt. I did roll the quilt top, the batting, and the backing on boards just like I do when I pin baste. For me, that really helps with controlling everything. 

I used light blue Aurifil #2715 thread to free motion quilt this. I ran out of thread with about a square foot left to quilt so I had to wait a couple of days for the guy in the brown UPS truck to bring me more. That nice man has almost become family this past year! 

I used a sort of flower motif. Here is a quick rough sketch:


The back is a light blue print.

Health Update: I saw my neurosurgeon Monday. My surgery will not occur until I have taken at least 6 months of the bone-growth meds and have new scans. That means at least September. The surgeon says he will not do the spine surgery sooner or he would be redoing it again in two years. He will be replacing all of the screws in my back, and adding more as he fuses another vertebrate in place. Today I saw my general physician. She and I had a long discussion about pain management. My pain tolerance, which did a good job of getting me through a rough back surgery 10 years ago, has met its match. She gave me some meds and I'll be seeing her often between now and the surgery. She knows how much I hate taking meds and she wants to be sure I have some quality of life in the next months. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, that quilt looks great with your couch. I'm sure you have lots of scraps left over (probably enough for several quilts). Sorry you don't get the surgery sooner, but you want it to last. Hopefully your doctor can get the pain manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the beautiful quilt finish, Jeanne! Sorry to hear about the set-back with your surgery. I'm thankful that your GP is working with you to help with your pain management. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Jamestown Landing is a lovely quilt, so very pretty. The pattern is on my list of someday quilting projects. I'm sorry you're having pain, hopefully the doctor can help with pain management. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...