Sunday, April 11, 2021

Little Squares is finished

Little Squares is finished. I began this quilt at least a year ago. It was a long term project to use small scraps. I placed the blocks in a log cabin type layout.

Looks like the quilt was folded before I took pictures.

Each little square (colored) has 2 fabrics and finished at a 1.5" square. I was able to use many tiny pieces of fabric. 

I made the blocks as mock log cabin blocks using 6 white squares and 10 colored squares for each block. I used white sashing with turquoise corner squares between each block.This donation quilt is 58" square. I quilted it with a large stipple (meandering) motif and loops using Aurifil #2600 Dove Gray thread. 

I really wanted a colorful border but I didn't have enough of the fabric I wanted to use. Using all of the fabric I had, I was able to make a wide binding. I cut the binding strips at 4" and used the typical double fold binding. The backing is a blue water spot fabric.


I hope to get another quilt top sandwiched one of these days...


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...