Saturday, November 28, 2020

Some progress made

I finished Basket Weave Strings a few days ago using  Bonnie Hunter's Basket-weave-strings pattern. 


This donation quilt is 58" by 66". The strings are all from my string scrap bin which is still overflowing.


I free-motion quilted this with a back and forth curve across the strings in each block using Aurifil 50-weight #2600 Dove Gray thread.

I quilted the edges with a loop in each setting triangle and straight lines in the border.

The backing is from my stash.


I also finished a table runner using Missouri Star's Circle Magic. I bought the templates early in the pandemic and they arrived broken. MSQC was very quick to replace them. I was not as quick to make something. I ordered the templates because I had a bunch of blue circles cut with the Baby Go cutter. I thought this might be a good way to use them. The circles were the perfect size for the small template. 

I used red or white for the opposite side of each blue circle. The table runner is 9" by 29". Each circle has a square of batting (Dream Cotton) inside which is a perfect use for scrap batting.

Each circle is quilted before sewing the pieces together. The process is easy in this quilt as you go project. 

On the back, you can see the centers of the blue circles I began with.

I might try the larger circle template - I'd like to see how that looks. This little runner will be used in our home next summer.

I also finished two quilt tops, Batik Knots and

Black/White with Red. Both have been added to the growing pile of tops waiting to be sandwiched and quilted


Easy Breezy is half done! I sewed fifty 4 1/2" blocks together. When the other 50 blocks are finished, I'll add them.

We enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving by ourselves. We are hopeful that we'll be able to be around some family at Christmas time.

Update on my back: Physical Therapy has ended for the time being - the tests showed that I wasn't making progress; in fact, my mobility was regressing. The first spinal injection was painful and didn't help. I'm hoping to skip the second spinal injection and just progress to the next doctor. We'll see... 


4 comments:

  1. Love your strings quilt, and the wavy quilting fits it so well. And Easy breezy looks grand! I haven't sewn in a couple of weeks, so my blocks are just stacked in a bin. Our weather has been mainly wet and low pressure has kept me in knots. But I am determined to do something soon.
    I hate hearing you are not improved with mobility. Isn't it the pits? Such a kick in the pants for someone who loves to go like you. I know the third round of PT set me way back...sometimes that happens. Unfortunately, I slipped further with the medication adjustment and then the pandemic. Prayers for some improved and less pain too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue you chose for the string quilt really makes the colors pop. Your other projects are nice, too. Sorry about your back. Hopefully you will find a doctor that can help you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With limited mobility and increased pain, you certainly have been SEW productive, Jeanne!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm sorry the back injection did not work. It took a while for Greg's to kick in and was very painful. Hoping the next option will be helpful. You have been sewing up a storm despite the pain. Really neat patterns you have been playing with.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...