Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Brownie Bars

I signed up to take brownies or bars for the teachers' lunch at church today. I found this new recipe and thought I would try it. I was going to take a picture when Ray brought the leftovers home but there were no leftovers! Good thing I got a small sample before I sent them! Thought you might want to try the recipe...

Brownie bars

Crust:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg yolk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients and press into a greased 9 X 13 pan. Bake at 350° for about 15 minutes until golden brown.

Filling:
1 package fudge brownie mix (9 X 13 pan size- I used Betty Crocker Hershey Ultimate Fudge Mix)
1 egg
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup canola oil

Combine all ingredients (if using a brownie mix with a packet of chocolate, add it also). Spread over the hot crust. Bake about 15 minutes or until set. Cool for 30 minutes.

Top layer:
1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, melted
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Spread the melted chocolate over the filling and sprinkle with walnuts. Cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...