Saturday, May 16, 2009

Babies and quilts

Mack is going to be a big brother in December!!! Congratulations Brent and Emily! Mack will be a great Big Brother!

I really enjoy making baby quilts but I only make them for family (and the kids that grew up across the street). I think it was in 2000 that I made 4 and thought that was a big year!!! Well, 2009 is a really big year. I have 9 to make - WOW! Our grandkids each get three (summer, winter, and regular quilt); others get one. So the expectant parents are:
  • nephew Doug and Bev in July
  • Brad and Sheila in October
  • nephew Josh and Beka in November
  • former neighbor Karrie and Kip in December
  • Brent and Emily in December

One quilt is done and one will be finished today. I am hand quilting a third and plan to piece a fourth today. They are so much fun to make while thinking of the parents and the new baby they are expecting. What an exciting year we have ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...