Monday, December 7, 2015

A small finish

Our house is decorated for Christmas. The shopping is about done. The cards are started. I still have baking and a few other things to do but there has been some time to sew.

In my cleaning, I found some pieces left from a baby boy quilt that I made last February seen here.  I decided there were just enough pieces to make another baby quilt. It's only 32" by 38" and will be donated.

The backing is teal with orange and yellow and the binding is an orange stripe from my stash that seemed to work.

The quilting is a new design for me. I saw it on a Sew Very Easy video. It is a double C. Basically, you draw a C and then come back to make it a double C. I don't know if you can see the pattern or not in the following picture; I do know I like the texture of the quilting.

My donation pile was pretty low and now it has one more quilt, although it is a small one.


2 comments:

  1. Great finish and good quilting design. It is very much like one that Wendy Shephard taught that she called Jester's Hat. I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great little quilt. Thanks forthesourcefor the fmq tutorial. Will have to try that "c" design!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...