I really enjoy making baby quilts but I only make them for family (and the kids that grew up across the street). I think it was in 2000 that I made 4 and thought that was a big year!!! Well, 2009 is a really big year. I have 9 to make - WOW! Our grandkids each get three (summer, winter, and regular quilt); others get one. So the expectant parents are:
- nephew Doug and Bev in July
- Brad and Sheila in October
- nephew Josh and Beka in November
- former neighbor Karrie and Kip in December
- Brent and Emily in December
One quilt is done and one will be finished today. I am hand quilting a third and plan to piece a fourth today. They are so much fun to make while thinking of the parents and the new baby they are expecting. What an exciting year we have ahead of us!