Monday, April 18, 2016

Zigzag Quilt

I have a finish! It's been a while but I do get in a little stitching time every so often. I began this quilt at a retreat in early February. I used a photo on Pinterest as inspiration. I cannot find the origin of the photo so I can't give credit for the original idea. 

Today is another gorgeous day here so I used our yard and our neighbor's fence for photos. The quilt is about 57" square. I used Dream Cotton batting. 

The quilt is pieced from my stash. I buy white fabric by the bolt so there is always white available. 

I quilted this using large loops. You can see a close up of the quilting in this postI used Aurifil thread to piece and quilt this.

I think the back is rather neat too.

I love the bright colors, especially the orange, and the design of this quilt. I'm putting it in my donation pile and hope someone else will love it too.

... the path of progress has never taken a straight line, 
but has always been a zigzag course ...
~Kelly Miller

4 comments:

  1. That quilt just makes me think of summer ... the pattern is simple yet definitely not boring. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great zig-zag quilt! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it won't take long to find someone to appreciate this quilt! It's just so bright and happy. How could it not make anyone smile?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun, bright quilt! Someone will love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...