Monday, June 11, 2018

A finished quilt top and more...

Another quilt shop, Quilter's Compass in Monticello, Wisconsin, is sadly going out of business. We stopped by last week and I found almost everything on my 'need' list plus a bit more. I didn't get photos of the Aurifil thread.

I hope to get back one more time before they close their doors on June 23. The sale gets better each week.


=====

I have been doing some sewing. The Dream Weaver quilt top is together. The border is more teal than blue.

Because I used a border on this quilt, I have some leftover blocks. I originally planned on a borderless quilt with 49 blocks but only need 25.  

I think there will be 2 more quilts using the extra blocks.

=====

Last week, Ray and I attended a Blanket Party. We have a young friend who wanted to make fleece blankets to donate to University of Wisconsin Children's Hospital aka American Family's Children Hospital. This young lady has Complex Regional Pain Syndrome and for her 11th birthday, she asked to make blankets to donate to 'her' hospital.  We completed 16 blankets and she and her mom delivered them last week.

Ray and I also stopped by the Children's Hospital last week and dropped off 10 quilts. I still have 15 donation quilts at home and, I think, 13 more quilts in various stages. I don't think I'll ever run out of quilts to make ...

2 comments:

  1. Nope, you'll never run out! For every one that I finish, I can think of at least three more to make. I love the woven quilt. Very striking pattern. Enjoy your sale while it lasts. I'm going on a little shop hop with my sil tomorrow. Several new-to-me shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shop my favorite LQS often. I always try to shop local when I can, to keep my favorite shops in business. Great use for the fleece quilts. We made 20+ when mu sons were young. They made them for everyone they knew (family and friends).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...