Wednesday, March 21, 2018

What is black and white and red all over?

Black and White and Red All Over is finished. 

A number of years ago I began making black and white strings for a king-sized quilt. I never finished the quilt although I have all of the strings made. I decided that if I ever do make this quilt, my strings will be black and white with no grays. So... I have a lot of black and white strings with some gray - enough for an oversized king-sized quilt! I found the strips when I was cleaning the studio.


I decided to sew some of the strings together to make this 50" square donation quilt. I added red flanges for some interest. The machine quilting, using a walking foot, is straight vertical lines using white Aurifil thread. The batting is Warm and Natural. The backing fabric is the fabric I bought for the backing on the king-sized quilt - I have lots! 



I have plenty of strings left so there will be more black and white quilts in the future.

3 comments:

  1. Love the red accent! It makes this one sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You could make them with different color accents - what a fun project. Love the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little quilt. Perfect use of red and the backing is an excellent choice. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...