Monday, February 5, 2018

Cock-A-Doodle Moo I and II are finished

I began Cock-A-Doodle Moo I and II at a retreat last November.  My young friend, B, helped me design them.
Cock-A-Doodle Moo I in November
Cock-A-Doodle Moo II in November
I just had the layer cake and some extra white fabric with me at the retreat. After pulling them out of the WIP pile last week, I decided that they really needed more color. So I removed the borders and tore apart the rows leaving the blocks exactly as they were.

Each of the quilts is 45" by 54". I used Dream Cotton Batting and Aurifil thread for both of them. 

I used blue fabric for the horizontal sashing and border of Cock-A-Doodle Moo I but I didn't have enough for the vertical borders so they stayed white. I free-motion quilted this with a large stipple scribble. 
Cock-A-Doodle Moo I finished

The back has four leftover squares from the front.

I replaced the horizontal sashing and the borders of Cock-A-Doddle Moo II with yellow fabric. The orange binding adds even more color. I free-motion quilted this one with a large stipple. 
Coc-A-Doodle Moo II finished
The back uses the last layer cake piece which I cut into fourths.

These are both donation quilts. I know the white vertical pieces are no longer lined up perfectly - I may have been a little aggressive in the tearing apart and that might have affected the restitching...

I'm working on the second crayon quilt. I dislike having a large WIP (works in progress) pile; I always want those quilts done and ready to donate. I'm also anxious for the WIP pile to go away because I have ideas and I'm ready to begin new things!

Note added: The layer cake for the two quilts above is Farm by French Bull, Windham Fabrics.

1 comment:

  1. Both are so cute. Love you used every bit of fabric even on the back! The color sashing really makes them both pop....I can't pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...