Thursday, January 25, 2018

Box of 15 and Quilt Jungle are finished!

Box of 15 is finished! 

When I got the Cricut Maker, I wanted to cut fabric so I found a free pattern on Riley Blake Designs website. I used the Cricut to cut the black bands with the serpentine, the crayon points, and the sides of the points. It worked well! Well, there was a bit of a learning curve. I pulled solids from my stash and made 28 crayons. This quilt used 16 and the other 12 will show up in another quilt one of these days.


Box of 15 is 45" by 47". I used Dream Cotton batting and Aurifil thread for the piecing. 

I used a walking foot and orange Aurifil thread to machine quilt this quilt. 

This is a donation quilt and I hope the recipient just smiles whenever he/she uses it.

The back is orange and yellow with a green crayon.

I thought the binding went with the crayon colors.


A while back when I was getting ready to go on retreat, I was trying to find a couple of extra projects to take along. I came across two pieces of 'jungle' fabric that went together and decided to add some red and make a quilt. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I found that project bag and decided to finally make this simple little quilt. Quilt Jungle is 45" by 49". 

Of course I used Dream Cotton batting and Aurifil thread. 

I machine quilted this with a walking foot in a cross hatch design. I think you can see it better on the back.
Oops! I just finished exercising and my white sweat socks are showing.
This is also a donation quilt.

On my to-do list is the next crayon quilt and also another sailboat quilt using the leftover boats. The list is really much longer which is good - I have lots of choices!



5 comments:

  1. How cute! Both of them are just great. I love that the backs are as wonderful--almost--as the fronts. Great job on both:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun quilts! Love the crayons and I was wondering how you made the black parts! Someone is going to love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the crayons! Mine are multi-colored from RSC last year . I plan to assemble them at retreat next month. I haven't made the tips yet, but I did put aside the proper fabric for them. WIsh me luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...