Another quilt from my clean-out-this-stash project is finished. I added a few yellow strips to this blue jelly roll race quilt. My strips are not all width-of-fabric but I really don't think they need to be. It finished at 56" X 63".
The batting is Dream Cotton. I quilted it with my walking foot and a wavy stitch.
The back is a light blue. I think you can see the quilting in this photo. The Signature thread is blue variegated.
Yesterday I finished with the blue fabric in my clean-out-this-stash project. I have either used them or they are cut into 2 1/2" strips (lots!), cut into squares, or put into the string basket. There is a very small pile of usable small pieces. Just so you know, I still have LOTS of blues (and every other color) that I'm not cleaning out.
Since today is Halloween, I decided to work on the oranges. I finished with them this afternoon!
I'll keep using the strips in quilts - I'm just trying to get the colors under control. I still have a ways to go but I'm making progress and enjoying the whole process.
At the moment, I have 2 quilts pinned and ready to be quilted. Thirteen tops are finished and need to be sandwiched and pinned. I think there are 6 quilts that are cut and need to be sewn. I'm not sure how many finished quilts are in my donation pile.
The new BLOCK magazine arrived today. I think I'll make one of the quilts with some of my 2 1/2" strips. Maybe I can get that kitted one day soon.
I think Trick-or-Treat is about to begin so I'd better get ready for all of our little ghosts and goblins.