Thursday, September 10, 2015

September Quilting Retreat

There were 10 of us at Prairie Lodge for this quilting retreat.  We had a wonderful time!  There was no lack of food. Meals were on our own but Polly prepared dinner one night for all of us - puffed chicken, peas, jello salad, and pumpkin cake - so good! 


On the last night, Laura, our host, brought us her famous ice cream sandwiches. Yes, they were humongous! and oh, so good. That is easily 2" of ice cream!


The Quilters:

Marge 

Kate

Kay

Gail

Polly

Barb

Becky

Margaret
Bev 



Oh, that's me! They decided that I needed to include a photo of me taking pictures with my phone since I did A LOT of that.

And this is my corner complete with design boards. It was quite comfy.

Some works in progress:
Gail said she was making a carrot placemat and I thought it was ok but I didn't realize I was looking at the back!

 Polly used her design wall.

Kay working on placemats.


More blocks on Polly's design wall.

Weighty discussion...

Kate was wrapping rope to make an oversized coaster and I did not get a picture of the finished piece.

Marge's bright colors.

Bev had some beautiful batiks. She didn't get to join us until Wednesday so she got less than 24 hours of retreat time.

The projects are coming in the next post... stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. I have some local friends who just came back from a quilt retreat at a place in Janesville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice group of quilters there ... and quite a diverse collection of projects being worked on.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...