Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Baby Quilts and more

The dehydrator is working great. I rehydrated potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, onions, and celery. I'm very happy with everything. I like the blanched carrots better than raw. The onions - raw and cooked - were equally fine. 

I used the rehydrated vegetables to make a really good potato soup. There verdict is in - more dehydrating of vegetables! Now I'm trying fruit. Blueberries take a long time!

#######

Yesterday I spent all day at the Buzz and Bee held at Lucky 2B Quilting. There used to be a Day Camp each month but a new year has brought a new idea. 

The Buzz is 1/2 hour of new things and ideas. We saw a really neat ruler, the Perfect Adjustable Square. One came home with me! If you click here, you can see a demo on youtube. 

The Sewing Bee is a time to sew with friends. It was a great way to spend a Monday.

I was working on baby quilts and I managed to get three tops put together. Have a look-see.

Both of these need a good pressing and they'll be ready to be sandwiched and quilted.


I managed to get this one pinned today. Later today I finished quilting it too! Just the binding to go.

All three of these have Minkee for the backing. I just love working with Minkee. Ha! It's really messy and kind of a pain but I do love having it on the backs of baby quilts. I have found that serging the edges cuts down on the mess. One of these days, I think I should make a quilt for me with a Minkee backing.

4 comments:

  1. I'll bet that Minkee backing makes the quilts extra snuggly. Those are cute baby quilts! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing all your baby quilts. I am ordering some Minkee to back a quilt but am a little afraid to use it. I don't have a serger but I love how soft it is, so will just forge ahead and hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a cool tool. We have a shop hop coming up, mid Feb. Hopefully one of the shops will have this square. I try to buy local whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby quilts are looking great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...