Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter Retreat Déjà vu

Last February, I went to a quilting retreat with three friends at Memory Lane. You can read about it here. When we left last February, we left in weather - a snow and ice storm. 

The same four people at the same place this past weekend left early yesterday in weather again! We were really watching the weather and decided to leave early and then earlier! We all made it home but we'd really like to go on a winter retreat without weather!!! 

Here are a few shots from this past weekend.
Barb's quilt was so fitting - it was very cold outside!

The black borders really added to Sandy's gorgeous quilt.

Interesting the way that Krista made this quilt longer so it wasn't a square. Can you find the extra strips?

Sandy's cute wallhanging.

I love the triangle border on Barb's work in progress.

We had a great time - lots of quilting, great food, and quality time with friends. I'm not showing my projects - all are secret and will be shown later!

My spot is the back left corner with the red water bottle.

This was my gorgeous view out of the glass doors. The overhead lights were reflecting in the glass doors.


As for the weather - our blizzard is over. We still have some wind, drifting snow, and dangerously low temperatures.  No school here today or tomorrow. Most everything is closed. It's been a great day to stay home and sew!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun!! The first snow is always a delight, but I'm over it already!!! Nice view though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some nice projects were bone. Now that I don't have to go out in the snow, I just love looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you all had! You are one of the most "retreating-est" quilters I know! ha! I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I'm so envious of you having good quilting buddies and how you all get together for fun and sewing! Glad you all got home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun. Glad all of you were able to get together this year and get home safely. Stay warm.... snuggled under some nice quilts with a cup of cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been a bad winter. Glad you had fun with your friends. I've been stitching mainly alone this month because of weather or weather related problems.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...