Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 NewFO Challenge - December Update

The NewFO Challenge with Barbara over at Cat Patches is easy to do (I think!) - just start a new project each month! You should stop over and see what everyone else has started this month. 

As for me, well I made a couple of pillowcases and a duffle bag but … I forgot to take pictures!!! And now they are gone

I began a baby boy quilt. The background is more tan than yellow. I really shouldn't take pictures at night OR I should ask the photographer in the family… The background is done. The blue which doesn't look the right color either is one of the borders and the binding.


I did finish a baby girl quilt.

I wasn't very productive this month. Although I did quilt the fabric for the duffle bag.

Guess I was busy with other things. Life is getting back to normal. For us, that often means traveling. In fact, we are on our way to North Carolina where we'll see our oldest son and his family and we'll visit some friends. When we get back home, I plan to blog a little more and quilt a lot more!

Recap of 2013:

Quilts finished in 2013 - 27 quilting projects finished!

Quilts started in 2013 that need to be finished:

  • BOM from Lucky 2B quilting (all blocks are finished)
  • QOV - February
  • String triangles with white - July
  • 3-D table runner - August
  • sort of secret project - October
  • baby pinwheel quilt - October
  • baby boy quilt - December (above)
Quilts started before 2013 that need to be finished:
  • I decided to not even look!

My goal is to finish everything I began in 2013 before the end of 2014. Of course, there will be more new quilts too!

Happy New Year! 

6 comments:

  1. That baby girl quilt is adorable ... I missed your original post on it somehow ... it turned out well in spite of the fits it gave you! Wishing you a wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't very productive this last month either, but I doubt many people were. There are some many other things in life that took first place in our time. I too am guilty of not taking many pictures. I'll try to do better this next year. Happy New Year to you both and have a safe trip out to North Carolina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got out before the snow started. Drive safely, and have fun quilting in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your baby girl quilt - such a happy design and great colors!

    We have family in North Carolina too - I'll be traveling out there later in the week :) Stay safe & enjoy your visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's going to be a very pretty baby quilt, and I love your finish. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I don't think you should sell yourself short - you got a lot done! The baby quilts look great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...