Saturday, November 30, 2013

Goodbye again...

It's been a sad November. It started with the funeral of my aunt. Then I watched my mom's life end. And now I am saying goodbye to a friend.

Karen was the first friend I had in this town. We moved here and Karen came to greet me. Ray was the guidance counselor and Karen's husband was a science teacher. Karen helped me figure out my surroundings - where to buy groceries, where to shop for diapers, where to find a doctor,… all of the things a young mom needs to know. 

Karen kept my son when I had a miscarriage a couple of months after we moved here. Not knowing I was pregnant, I went to the doctor and ended up in the hospital. Karen was supposed to watch Brad for a couple of hours. Ray called to tell her what was happening and she never missed a beat. She had clothes, diapers, food - she was also a young mom - and she kept Brad. She was that kind of friend.

A number of years ago, Karen and her family moved to a neighboring town. We didn't seen each other much because of busy lives but Karen was one of those friends that once we were together, it was as if we'd never been apart.

Today is Karen's funeral. Today I'll say goodbye again.

4 comments:

  1. I am so, so sorry for your loss. {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how dear that kind of a friend can be. So sorry for your loss Jeanne. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for another loss. Good friends like Karen are hard to come by. Keep her in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, Jeanne. You have had a lot to cope with.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...