Wednesday, May 2, 2012

QAYG FMQ QAL update - row 6

I fell like all I've been posting are Quilt Along updates. Our life is quite busy at the moment. Ray's dad is in hospice care as is my mom. It keeps us busy. I'm also grading some of those standardized tests that students take at this time of the year so my free time is a limited. There is not enough quilting going on!


It's the last row in the QAYG FMQ QAL with Laura at Quokka Quilts. Row 6 was choose your own adventure. 


I tried some different things. The first two are ones that Quilt Jane did and showed on the Quokka Quilts blog. This is half flowers that are echoed. I am getting some better at echoing!

This is a filler that reminds me of waves and is pretty easy to do.

I did these flowers in opposite corners. I used a marker to help with length spacing on the closer flower and forgot to remove it.

Not being very creative today and not having much time, I did a flower in the sunshine.

Then, just for fun, I made a row of flowers. 
It would be a cute border.

I found a little more time to quilt (sorry no photos). I have shells, a flower that is a spiral made from a wavy line, the letter T over and over, and many loop patterns.

I think this is the end of the Quilt As You Go Free Motion Quilt ALong for me. I don't have blocks to put together and that is what is left.

It has been fun and enjoyable!
 I have learned more about FMQ. 
Thanks Laura!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Great that you finished the blocks - I'm still working on mine!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...