Sunday, March 4, 2012

A full weekend

What a great weekend! 


Yesterday we went to the Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge that benefits Illinois Special Olympics. I think it was the coldest Polar Plunge ever at Rock Cut State Park in Rockford. It was COLD and WINDY. The wonderful participants raised  thousands of dollars for Illinois Special Olympics! 


The torch arrived.

The Illinois State Police Polar Bears entered the water...brrrr! Look at the snow in the background! There is still some ice on the lake.

The Polar Bears left the water as fast as they could!

We left after about 10 teams went in the water - I think there were eighty some teams! It was just too cold to stay. Ray took a number of photos on our way out of the park. The snow left from Friday's storm was gorgeous - especially when I was looking at it through a window! I am such a wimp.


We made it home just in time to stop by a 50th wedding anniversary party for friends Arlene and Jerry.


Then last night we were at A Night of Comedy, a fundraiser for our local school foundation. After a great BBQ meal by Wally, we saw Mike Mercury followed by Roger Radley. It was non-stop laughter - a wonderful, fun night with many friends. 


Today we were at a 45th wedding anniversary party for friends Pat and Gary. Oh, I do love turkey dressing sandwiches!


It was a busy, fun weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! and we come screaming into Monday. Good thing we are retired!-b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I love, love, love snow ... and my favorite part is watching it from the warmth of my home! So I guess that makes me a wimp, too! ;-) No snow here, unfortunately. We had snow in the forecast for yesterday ... and encountered some snow mixed in with the rain on our way home from church yesterday ... but no snow, no rain here at our house. So I'm enjoying the snow in your picture and pretending that's the view from our windows! ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...