I made a small quilt (23" X 23") with 4 stars. Then I stippled each star. I had a few problems with stitches and I pushed it off to the fact that I was sewing batiks - wrong!
I began to stipple the white sashing and white inner border (not batiks) - oh, the problems! Although I began with a new needle, I changed the needle, re-threaded the machine, changed the needle, wound a new bobbin, changed the needle, tore apart and cleaned the bobbin area of the machine, changed the needle. I used 5, yes five needles before I was able to stipple the sashing!
After I finished the binding, I washed the quilt.
The stitching isn't great - I finally stopped tearing everything out and just quilted. I think it will be fine since I am keeping it. If it were a gift, I'd either be ripping out stitching or starting over!
The batiks (stars and borders) are quilted with a tan Isacord thread. The white sashing and borders are quilted with white Aurifil. The problem had to be my machine and the needles - maybe the whole package of needles! The machine is stitching fine now!