I went to quilt day camp March 15 at Lucky 2B Quilting. I found a pattern for a kite quilt in a great book BUT the wallhanging was too wide for my hanger so I decided to make it narrower - turned out to be quite a project! When I got "done", I felt that something was lacking so I appliqued the yellow kite with the ribbon tail in the middle. The original pinwheels around the outside were much larger but didn't look right on this size. In fact, most of the quilt is different from the pattern but I was so happy for the inspiration!
Today I am pinning a quilt using Sharon Schamber's basting method part 1 and part 2. It is so nice not to be on the floor pinning! This is the largest quilt I've tried to do this way. This quilt is a 70" square.