Monday, November 22, 2010

A rather weird day

We headed for Rockford to visit Mom. Riding is difficult with my back and I knew it would be a long day but I had no idea it would be such a weird day!

We saw Mom and I gave her a note. I just read that Alzheimer's patients retain things a bit longer if they read rather than being told. So I wrote mom a note telling her that I was her daughter. She didn't want to get up and she was sad but she did smile and kiss me both times she read my note!

After lunch and "catching up"  with my youngest brother and his wife, we began our short list of errands. While we were at Dick's Sporting Goods, the tornado sirens went off and so did the power! A little unnerving especially when there did not seem to be any procedure to follow. At least their generator kicked in. As we were leaving, one of the employees said two tornadoes had touched down just north and northeast of Rockford. We were headed north and found that the power was still out - meaning no traffic lights! What a mess! I am so glad we do not live in a city!

Watching the news, it appears no one was seriously hurt in the tornadoes but there was considerable property loss. The children on the overturned school bus are also going to be okay. And the power is still out...

Also remembering this day in history:
November 22, 1963 - Kennedy's assassination
November 22, 1976 - my brother and sister-in-law's house fire

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were ok. It's so creepy being in a store when the lights go out. Now, that's dark!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...