Bye Ontario. Thank you! We had a wonderful time! We never needed to use French (although I enjoyed French croissants every morning) and we never exchanged our currency for Canadian money! We used a credit card for everything except the old Stained Glass book that Ray bartered for US money.
The drive down the north shore of Lake Superior was beautiful today. It was sunny and clear and the trees are changing. We didn't do much until we got to Duluth.
- First quilt shop was Creations Quilt Shop. A small shop in an older residential area. The owner was working on an upcoming class and a little busy to talk.
- Next stop was Quilter's Coop. It was a very nice shop and all of the ladies were very friendly. They suggested places to stay tonight and where to eat as well as what to eat!
- We had to go to Miller Mall where we did some real shopping!
- Dinner was at Grandma's. The chicken-wild rice soup and the mushrooms stuffed with wild rice were wonderful - just as the ladies at Quilter's Coop said!
- We are at the Fairfield Inn and the manager is having a party every night during September. Tonight it was pizza (which we skipped because we were full) and S'mores outside by the fire! Nice!
Now it's time to relax and watch the rest of the Cubs game.