We left Shell Lake this morning and headed north. The trees are changing - we could see more color as we got further north.
- Thimbles in Trego, WI. - a northwoods shop in a northwoods setting - very nice!
- Kunert Kreations. a quilt and yarn shop in Gordon, WI. The person working wasn't very friendly and the shop was dark so it was a short visit!
- The Little Gift House in Solon Springs - only open Thursday through Sunday. We'll have to catch it next time!
- Behind the Seams just north of Silver Bay, MN. - a really neat shop with very friendly ladies. We were told to stop there by Elly in Chetek, WI. Behind the Seams is owned by a mother and her 4 daughters. The 4 sisters are probably in their 50s and so pleasant. The shop is small but very nice.
- We attempted to work off some of that pie as we hiked at Gooseberry Falls State Park this afternoon. Beautiful waterfalls!
We didn't stop between Silver Bay and Grand Marais so we'd be here before dinner. We'll spend a couple of days here. The Wi-Fi is rather slow - will try for pictures again tomorrow. Our motel is right on Lake Superior and I am listing to some geese right now.