Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Winston-Salem, NC

We have had a nice day - it even started without rain!

First stop was Sew What Fabrics in Wytheville, VA. They have more batiks than any place I know and I love stopping there. I even found a few batiks to buy!

Next stop was Sew Biz in Radford, VA. This place is in an old hotel from the late 1800's. They have so much that I'm not sure I could have seen it all if we had spent the day! It would be so much fun to come back for their camp in July. Since that's not going to happen, I bought some fabric to take with us!

We met some "new" friends for lunch in Dublin, VA. Alecia and David are the parents of our friend and pastor's wife, Amy. We ate at Fatz Cafe - great food - fried green tomatoes, ribs, chicken...! We were too full for the peach cobbler :( After lunch, we went out to Alecia and David's home. It was fun to see where our 'adopted grandchildren' spend their time in Virginia.

We took the old road from Fancy Gap to Mt. Airy (Mayberry). It is probably a pretty drive when it isn't foggy or raining! We arrived just as the stores were closing but had a few minutes in the Main Oak Emporium. Next time, we'll make sure that we have time to spend shopping there.

Tonight we are in Winston-Salem. We took a walk through the Hanes Mall - needed to work off some of that lunch! It is interesting that you have to walk through Penneys to get to the other half of the mall. See the map here.

We just got back from a late dinner and here I sit drinking my pop from my to-go refill!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...