Thursday, June 18, 2009

A long day!

We got up at 3:15 AM (after not sleeping much) and we are still up - it is 10:30 at home. The flights were good - we went around one storm. The scenery was mostly clouds though. Ray had to take pictures and I think this is a really neat one.
We arrived in Vancouver around 11:30AM. The time difference is 2 hours from home. By the time we arrived at our hotel, it was about 1 PM. We had lunch at a very British place - Elephant & Castle Vancouver. The temperature was right around 70 degrees so we ate outside. Then we walked. The flowers are gorgeous!
Tonight we ate at a pub - Moose’s Down Under - it is authentic Australian. Dinner was superb! I had shrimp on the barbie and Ray had salmon. The house dressing was incredible - passion fruit vinaigrette.
I got a short nap around 5 this afternoon. I'm sore from all of the walking and hope it doesn't affect me too much tomorrow. We have a big day planned if it doesn't rain. We'll rethink things if we have to.
Well Ray is now asleep and I think it is time for bed so more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...